Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Trash


Our sweet little golf course, Taylors’ Par 3, is on a major thoroughfare on the north side of Bloomington.  I really do love this place.  I specially love the mundane tasks.  They allow my thoughts to flow unrestrained.  Sometimes I find inspiration.  Other times I just find humor. 

Recently I went up by the highway to pick up trash that had accumulated over the winter. I started out with a large trash bag.  After a few yards there were so many glass bottles that the bag was too heavy to carry.  It was at that moment that I saw a small plastic shopping bag.  I accepted that gift and started using it to transport trash to the larger bag.  The smaller bag eventually gave out and just as I was throwing it away I saw another bag ready for service.  It also gave way but when it did I found another useful tool, a bucket.  

It was at that moment that I just couldn’t help myself.  I started laughing.  Never before have I had such cooperative trash! Yes, I’ll never really know why people throw trash out along the roadside.  I assume they simply don’t want garbage clogging up their own car or truck floorboards.   Regardless, ordinary tasks in life are with us for a reason.  While I was laughing I thought “I need to write this down,” thus, the inspiration to start a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment